Nothing can be more frustrating than coming home to a TV that can’t pick up clear signals. And if you live in a building or home with more metal components, this is not uncommon. So how to get TV reception in a metal building?
Well, help you learn how to bypass this signal interference. Though it can be difficult to obtain clear signals with all the metal, it can be done.
Start scrolling to see how you can finally enjoy a clear signal even if you live in a metal building.
Steps on How to Get a Clear Signal With Metal Roofs
1. Get an amplified antenna
Invest in an amplified antenna. This type of antenna will require a power source. But this is what you need to get clear signals. It helps your TV receive signals before it reaches the metal sliding.
2. Adjusting the antenna
You may need to occasionally adjust or reposition your antenna. Different channels are located in different broadcast towers. So you have to reposition the antenna in a while to get the best signal for each channel.
3. Mount the antenna as high as you can
This is easy for outdoor antennas. But what if you’re mounting an indoor tv antenna? Placing the antenna near glass windows can help. The signal can travel more easily through glasses.
4. Install the antenna on your patio or deck
For outdoor antennas, placing the antenna on your decks and patio can help increase the signal strength. It can help bounce signals off the metal roof to your antenna.
Do Metal Roofs Interfere With Tv Signals?
It does not directly interfere with the signal. However, metal roofs can amplify the interferences that are already present. Say, you’re mounting an antenna in an attic on a metal building. Signals won’t be able to pass through the metal. But if you’re going to mount on your rooftop, you won’t be encountering many issues with the signal.
But if you must install your antenna in the attic, look for amplified antennas as suggested above. It will also help if your antenna has a higher gain. This will help you overcome signal loss.
Remember that you have to purchase an antenna that’s strong enough to pick up signals from towers despite the metal material.
How to Find TV Channel Frequency
If you can’t seem to find TV channels all of a sudden, That’s totally normal. So it’s best to rescan for channels every now and then. Sometimes channels change frequencies. So don’t be surprised if you can’t find your favorite soap channel all of a sudden.
Below are basic and general steps on how to scan for TV frequencies. But it may also vary depending on the brand of your television. It’s an automated step so you won’t have much trouble fiddling through it.
- Ensure that your TV is connected to your antenna.
- Find the menu button. It can either be in the remote control or a built-in menu button.
- Find the channel scan option on the TV menu. It also goes by the names of Auto tune, Tune, and Rescan,
- If you can’t find the channel scan option, hover through the Settings, Tools, or Channels on the TV menu.
- Once you find it, the press and the TV will automatically scan for channels..it can take 10 minutes so you can have a cup of coffee while waiting.
- Your TV will somehow show how many changes are available. Or it will drop you off the broadcast.
- You can run another scan if you still can’t find the channels. If all else fails, you need to reposition your antenna so that it can get a clear signal.
Can you use a metal roof as a tv antenna?
Will antenna boosters work?
When should I rescan channels?
Metal roofs and materials can spell horror to your TV signal. And if you have an indoor TV antenna, you won’t be able to mount it as high. But there’s still hope. Your antenna can still receive clear signals. Our article on how to get tv reception in a metal building will help deal with this problem.